Menu
GeorgeOl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

locked secondary email account

I received a letter from VM saying that my email account was compromised and had been temporarily locked.

I followed the instruction on the letter to reset the password which was successful but I still got the message that the account was not available at this time and to try again in one hour.

I waited for the hour and tried again without success so I contacted support on 150 the first person I spoke to reset my password but this did not give me access to the email, I phoned back and spoke to a second person who also reset my password but only on the primary account so my secondary email address is still locked. My wife uses the primary email address and I use the secondary address so I need it to be unlocked.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: locked secondary email account

It should be possible to reset your password online,  if you  can enter the security data for the secondary account.

The primary account holder  can also change the password for the secondary account by logging into the virgin primary account, then select my account and select my profile and then select manage accounts, select your secondary email, click change password and enter a new password and confirm and then click update.

The reason they reset the primary account password may that it may also  be compromised so the primary account holder should check if they have access and could then change the secondary email  password for you.

Perhaps the account is locked by virgin for security reasons, if that is the case then only they could sort this out or go through the recovery process for the primary account if locked out which gives access to change the secondary account password. If the primary account is OK then it is possible to change the  secondary email password, or delete secondary email or create new ones.

see

How To Reset My Username Or Password | Virgin Media

Forgotten password - My Virgin Media

What can a Secondary Account Holder do | Virgin Media

hope that helps, If not reply and perhaps the forum team will help you

alf28  

0 Kudos
GeorgeOl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but it turned out that too many password changes caused the email account to be locked and only second level virgin support could release the account which they did in a few minutes once I was able to speak to them.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeorgeOl,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear this has now been resolved, apologies for any inconvenience caused, if you have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos