Menu
viewofthehill
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

locked out of virgin.net email

My main email address was @virgin.net - until I moved address and renewed my broadband contract at my new home.  During the registration process a VirginMedia Helpdesk staff asked me to renew my password on my account.  This change locked me out of my email account.  I tried to have this resolved during a number of frantic calls over several weeks and by different email and snail-mail appeals to VirginMedia but was stonewalled.  I have recently read, with some optimism, of a case taken up by the Guardian newspaper (https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/aug/04/how-did-virgin-media-manage-to-lose-my-email-account) and also further advice in the VM Community (@MissPasko).  I have recently established via mailtester.com that my @virgin.net email is still active.  Moreover, my SMTP outgoing mail server setting on my iPhone is still smtp.virgin.net. Can someone advise me on how to raise a ticket for Move & Transfer please per the advice of @MissPasko

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: locked out of virgin.net email

Hi viewofthehill, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing your email address. I can certainly have a look at this for you to see if a move and transfer is something we can do for you. 

I'll need some information from you and will also need to pass data protection so I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Once I have your reply I can investigate further for you.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide