Menu
JK1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

locked out of an email account

Hi Team,

I wonder if you can help.

I have been locked out of one of my emails accounts.

I did receive a text from virgin but I thought it was a scam so deleted it. It did mention something about   my account would be blocked as someone had sent spam from it ?

Any help would be appreciated.

JK

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: locked out of an email account

Hi JK1984,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. I'm very sorry for our delayed response from here and to hear you've been struggling to gain access to your email account.

Can you please let us know what the text message said, and if you have received any other communication via letter stating that we had detected unusual activity on your account? Did the message state whether it came from our partners at Internet Security?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
JK1984
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Beth,

Thank you for coming back to me.

Sorry, I can`t remember exactly what the txt said as I deleted it after I glanced through it.

Also, I haven't received any letter regarding unusual activity.

I did have however received several emails from Chase Bank in America ( which I do not hold an account)  and others stating that that my account had been compromised and I deed to reset my account details.

I hope this helps

Many thanks

JK

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JK,

Thank you for all the details.

In that case, I think it's best we take a look into this for you and look through the account notes to see if our team at Internet Security have identified any unusual activity.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some further details and we'll go from there 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
JK1984
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that JK1984 - I realised my message hadn't sent.

I've sent it over now so it should now be in your purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the requested details over PM.

So I can see that the spam alert which you received was genuine, and our Internet Security team did send out a text and letter to you. However I appreciate you have not received the letter yet. The text will have included instructions on how to unlock your email account, however not to worry.

Are you able to log into your primary My Virgin Media account? As you'll need to reset the password from there, as we are unable to reset secondary email account passwords.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
JK1984
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

I did speak with the tech team after dialling 150 and log onto my primary account whilst on the phone with the tech team and reset the password for Katharine .k but I still could not log onto the  email.

When trying to log on it comes up with the message "error, your password or user name is incorrect" 

I hope this helps

Jim....

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim,

That is most strange - I am really sorry, but can you try doing that again for me and then sign into the emails again? It would only say 'wrong email or password' if either is incorrect, so something may have gone wrong when you tried to change the password.

Let me know how that goes

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
JK1984
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your help, it worked this time and I have successfully changed the password, logged on, and am able to open / access the emails.

Not sure what happened last time I tried to change the password but all seems OK at the moment.

Its actually my wife's email address and she is concerned that it might have been compromised in some way, so now that she can access it, she is going to change the passwords on the sites she uses most, then delete the email address and open another ending in virginmedia.com

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Jim Keir....
0 Kudos