cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out of VM email account - password change hasn't worked

FShep
Tuning in

Hello

I'm locked out of my VM email account - a fairly common occurrence but one that is normally fixed by following the guidance.

However, today, despite changing my password I am still getting Forbidden when I try to access my mailbox on Webmail (my preferred option). I tried changing my password again after an hour but still no luck in gaining access.

Strangely, I can still access my inbox via mail client on my laptop, despite not updating the password here. However, I cannot send emails so it's of limited use.

I wonder if one of the tech team might be able to help me? This is my main business email address so it's crucial I have full access at least via webmail.

9 REPLIES 9

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FShep,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your emails. 

So I can take a closer look at this or you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

aomega001
On our wavelength

I have been trying to sort my wife's email box out now for over a week, despite several calls to 150 and plenty of PM's to and fro on this forum to a MOD, oh and the countless number of password changes.  The account is still locked.  I hope you have better luck than I do.  When it is solved can you please leet us all know as I am sure there are plenty of others out there with the same issue, it would be interesting to see how quickly yours is released.

We have responded to you via PM, this is still being looked into and hopefully we will have an update soon. - Chris. 

GeekySimian
Tuning in

I've not been able to get into my account (an old ntlworld one) via a web browser for over a week but it's fine on my phone. This happened after my email account was locked by VM because of suspicious activity. They notified me by sending an email...

After a couple of calls and password changes I was able to get in on both my phone and via a browser, but the browser access failed within 24 hours with me getting a "forbidden" notice.

Despite several calls and password changes I still only have phone access. This is a bit of a  pain as I can't search or manage folders effectively on the phone, but at least I have some access. I am also worried as my phone and web browser passwords are now different.

Nigelnovice
On our wavelength

After finding a pinned topic on here I found I could go on the VB website and navigate to a change password section in account settings and successfully reset password

Hi, I share your pain. The issue has been passed to the next level support team but now it's all gone quiet. What seems an easy fix is taking a very long time. I called earlier today for an update and was told to reset the password; guess what...........it's still not working. Called back a little while ago only to be cut off and when I called again straight afterwards I was told "our systems were down, call back in 3 hours"

Good Afternoon @hoody2goody, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the E-Mail services.

I'd be happy to have a look into this for you to see if there's anything further I can do to assist you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

FShep
Tuning in

Hello everyone

Just circling back as I was the original poster here and I just noticed that one of the forum members was asking for an update.

As per new instructions for resetting password, I generated a new app password and that has unlocked my webmail inbox. I then manually updated the password on my mail client and phone and these all appear to be working fine too.

Many thanks to Alex_RM for patiently explaining - consider this a fix!

Until the next time I'm locked out of my email....

Hi FShep, thanks for the message. 

I am glad to hear that that this is now resolved. 

Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris.