cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy blueyonder email address compromised.

donna126
Joining in

I have very old blueyoner.co.uk email address which is still active but has been compromised and is being used to access other accounts/apps. I have received an email from the hacker who is blackmailing me. I need to close this legacy email account. I confirm that it is not linked to a live virgin media account and is orphaned. I note from other similar posts that a VM moderator/contributor can help. I need urgent help closing this please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for joining me on PM @donna126 and providing me the details so I could raise a ticket to our IT team to delete the email. IT's timescales are 3-5 working days but normally on a deletion, quicker.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

donna126
Joining in
Clarification to my post. I understand that it it will be a Forum Team member that can help me close the email account. Is there anyway that I can draw their attention to this post as the criminal/hacker is continuing to use my email account to cause havoc in my digital life and it is causing a great deal of stress. Thanks

Hello donna126

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

Sorry to hear of this email issue.

I'll send you a PM now to get the details and then we can raise it with our IT team

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM @donna126 and providing me the details so I could raise a ticket to our IT team to delete the email. IT's timescales are 3-5 working days but normally on a deletion, quicker.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks John, fingers crossed they can do it quicker. Donna

I am having a very similar issue to Donna.  I have two emails like this - one has been hacked.  I am a Virginmedia customer but the emails won't link to my account so I can't change passwords to stop the hack.   Can someone help me please.  Calling 150 did no good!

Hi Craigleith95,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Please ignore my last post, I have messaged you via a different thread, to get this looked into further. 

Thanks,

Steven_L

andy_t1
Joining in

Hi - I'm having the exact same issue with a legacy blueyonder email account which has been hacked.  I'd like help in closing this email account please ASAP.  Thanks

Hey @andy_t1 thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the email account. 😞
I will be able to assist you here and get this resolved for you.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs