Menu
worldstream
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

invalid credentials

Error
Your e-mail account [MOD EDIT: Removed]@ntlworld.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again. This is strange as I am still getting email but if want to send an email to somebody from main NTL account, this message pops up. I'll change the password and see if helps. I seem to have a problem with this particular email addy.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: invalid credentials

There is a 30 minute window in which you can edit your post, avail yourself of that opportunity to redact your email address.

FYI: miscreants seek out disclosure of personal information on public forums to exploit later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@worldstream wrote:

Error
Your e-mail account [MOD EDIT: Removed]@ntlworld.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again. This is strange as I am still getting email but if want to send an email to somebody from main NTL account, this message pops up. I'll change the password and see if helps. I seem to have a problem with this particular email addy.

Are you seeing this error message in webmail andor other email client?

0 Kudos
worldstream
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. Just booted into Fedora and their email is Evolution or Virginmedia in Fedora. No problem there.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Under which OS and email client is the issue occurring?

0 Kudos
worldstream
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10, what else?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have only seen that specific 'invalid credentials' message when there are issues with the settings for an additional account added into the VM webmail interface.

Usually resolved by editing the account details under the settings cog in webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

CLAMING
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Worked for me, great advise thank you. I had changed the password of my main account but didn't know it would need to be change here within settings but for a secondary account. TY
0 Kudos