Menu
Kedmett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

incoming email partial rejection

Some automated booking system mail from this contact (intelligentgolf.co.uk) does not get delivered. If a booking is made, their confirmation is not received, but a cancellation mail does arrive. They have checked and sent the following reply:

We have done some more testing on the issue and there seems to be a differences with the spam threshold between the booked and cancellation email. The cancellation email is a classed as lower spam than the booked email - which is being blocked. This could be because it may contain payment information.
The emails from our end are being sent/attempted to be sent, so there is no error message that we are receiving. I would suggest either changing these settings and adding the intelligentgolf.co.uk to the list of safe senders.

I cannot see any way to add them as a 'safe sender' or 'whitelist', Is there any other solution?

Regards

Ken E

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: incoming email partial rejection

Have you check your Spam folder to see if the missing emails are there?

Though documented (see below) posts on the forum suggest this does not work.

How do I manage my Virgin Media email spam settings?

If emails from a particular sender are being identified incorrectly as SPAM, save the sender as a contact. This will ensure you receive all messages from that sender and their messages won’t be identified as SPAM. For more information on how to add a contact, check Using the Address Book in Virgin Media Mail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kedmett
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yes and it's clear. Also tried setting 'ignore all Spam' and that does not do anything.either.
0 Kudos
Kedmett
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I also included the sender in my address book and as you said this does not work.
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you been able to get hold of one of the unreceived email via an alternative email address?

• No, then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.
  • Yes, then try the following:
  1. save the email as a .eml file
  2. sign into webbmail
  3. drag and drop the file saved in step 1 into webmail;  as you drag the file into webmail a drop area will appear
  4. reply to the email but replace the To address with your own
  5. try sending the message
    if successfully sent was it delivered to your Inbox or Spam folder?

Kedmett
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not able to get the unreceived mail from another address, so please flag this issue to the team
Many Thanks.
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hour / days to respond.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon, 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I have emailed the internet security team to ask them for some additional advise. 

Upon there response I will reach out once more. 

Kind regards

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Kedmett 

please could you provide me with both types of emails you are having the issues with? 

If you would prefer for me to Direct message you to get these then please do let me know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Kedmett
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zak_M

Thanks for your responses, I have been out until now so hence slight delay. I have in my inbox an example of the mail that does arrive and I am waiting for a friend to send me a copy of the problem mail, from the same source, that does arrive in his inbox but not in mine - hopefully when he forwards it to me I will actually get it. 

What email address do I forward these examples to?

Kind Regards

Ken

0 Kudos