Menu
Flybridge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

imap.virginmedia.com server not responding

Hi

My wife and I both have email addresses on our account. My email is working fine, but my wife gets the error message in this post header. She can't access by iPhone, iPad nor via the web browser.

We dialed 150 from the home phone, but there is no option for email issues on the menu. How do we sort this?

She did get an email showing that someone knew her password, and the password is unique to the email address. The emails on her phone/iPad have not updated since Saturday but there are strange emails in the draft folder that she has not created. That suggests her account may have been hacked, but I'm not sure how they could force a server error.

Any suggestions gratefully received, especially if you can tell us how to contact Virgin to report email issues.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Flybridge
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

imap.virginmedia.com not responding

Hi

I can access emails, but my wife gets the above error message, whether she accesses emails via iPhone, iPad or web browser.

She recently got an email revealing her password, from a hacker. She only uses that password here. I'm not sure they can cause a server error, but who knows? Plus, there are weird emails in her draft folder that she has not created.

We used the 150 call number, but there is no option for reporting email issues. Does anyone know how to contact Virgin media about this? Or how to get it fixed?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: imap.virginmedia.com not responding

When calling 150 with email faults the correct option to select is broadband faults.

However, you are more likely to get the help you need via this forum.

What happens if your wife tries to sign into VM webmail with the email address concerned? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Flybridge
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

As it happens, my wife rang up again and hung on the phone (for quite a while) and got through. Whatever the problem was, it has been fixed and she can now access her emails.

Thanks for replying.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Given the description in your original post I expect the account had been locked for security reasons.

If you haven't already done so I suggest you change the account password and security answers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flybridge,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, glad to hear your wife has now got this resolved, as advised by Graham I would also advise now you are in to change the password and the security answers .

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos