cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“imap.virginmedia.com” on port 993 timed out

JPL8
Fibre optic

Since VM carried out the essential "essential work to your services” on 30th June I’m constantly getting the following error message:

The connection to the server “imap.virginmedia.com” on port 993 timed out.

Please can someone from VM let me know what the problem is and if it going to be fixed any time soon. In, addition, my daughter’s VM email account still hasn’t had her mail boxes restored. Is this ever going to be fixed?

The ongoing lack of communication, no written apology and no compensation from VM for these issues is beyond a joke. 

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

Try imap.ntlworld.com

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JPL8,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email address. 

To confirm, are you able to sign into your email address?

If yes, can you please reset your password for email address and let us know if the issue continues.

^Martin

Thanks Martin. Yes I can sign in. I can receive emails, but there is an intermittent problem with the connection timing out. 

I’m not sure how changing my password will fix the timeouts? I can see that other people have been reporting the same problem. Has that worked for them too? I don’t want to waste my time with a problem that’s very clearly lies at VM’s door.

And, as I said in my previous post, what’s happening about the mailboxes being restored? 

We have had an update to advise that the issue you are having is being investigated and once we have more information we will be able to advise further. 

^Martin

😂Honestly Martin, I think you would have better off not replying … that’s really not an update!  But thanks anyway. 

Problem sorter indeed    thank you

Hi WKeith, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am glad to hear that you have managed to get things resolved over the forums and please let us know if you need any assistance? 

Kind regards, Chris.