cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imap.virginmedia.com login data seems to be wrong

Rogman
Up to speed

I am getting this pop-up message when I log into one of my ntlworld emails.

I can see my emails and send them but why is this popping up and how do I fix this?

Regards

17 REPLIES 17

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rogman 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are having issues with logging in ☹.

Have you tried changing your password?

Can you send and receive emails from your email address?

Let us know we will try our best to help.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can log into my email account, read and send emails OK. The pop-up appears immediately after logging in and when I can see my list of email messages and folders.

This is the content of the pop-up:-

"Error

The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them."

So where and how do I change this login data?

Thank you for replying and does your webmail work?

Let us know. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, sort of! I have to sign out of each before accessing my other 2 ntlworld emails but those don't have this pop-up. However all 3 have this other issue "

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider."

If you can access it by webmail you will need to change the password Rogman 😊.

Please ensure these steps are met: 

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Let me know how it goes. 

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

Are you seeing this error in Webmail? 

It sounds like you are, I think Arissa is assuming your using a external application.  (The error is a commone one baked into their email platform, but not one users should really get).

If it's Webmail then a Private-Browsing session should let you log in without the issues.  Be aware Private-Browsing sessions are linked so two private browsing sessions will both share the same cookies (making it hard to log into 3 accounts).  Easy thing would be using two different browsers to log into three different emails.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Hi, tried that but no difference with both issues!

Hi @Rogman do you mean you've attempted to follow the advice offered by my colleague but have had no success? If so, please do get back to us and we'll take a look into things on your behalf.

Regards

Lee

Yes, I followed those instructions but no luck.