cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone not receiving emails

king2010
Joining in

Hi,

I've purchased an iPhone SE and I'm trying to set it up to send and receive emails.

I've copied the settings that work on my iPad onto the iPhone.

I can send emails from my iPhone, but I cannot receive any.  A error message stating 'No password provided for...'.  I've retyped in the password that I use for the outgoing emails several times.  The problem does not seem to be with the password.

The incoming server port is 993 (same as my iPad).

Any ideas as to how to solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Latest email settings :

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Latest email settings :

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for the link.  It confirmed that the settings I had on my iPad were the correct ones to use.

I deleted the account on my iPhone and started again from scratch.  This time all was well.

Hey king2010,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email on your iPhone but glad that the help from the forum has resulted in your issues being resolved.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

cinderellaballe
Tuning in

My emails have stopped working on my iPhone since yesterday , I haven’t changed any settings ; I just get an account error . This has happened before and  it has resolved itself but this has lasted over 24 hours now , 

Hello cinderellaballe

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We're aware of an issue impacting emails currently and apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible. 

Rob