Menu
Rockinrev1957
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i have a old blueyonder email,would like to add virgin.com emails ..but cannot seem to

i am trying to add  emails  on webmail ,i have as main email a old blueyonder.when i try add new virgin .com.  first it looks and says insecure,then asks to do manualll.  i fill out form with imap etc but still cannot connect 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: i have a old blueyonder email,would like to add virgin.com emails ..but cannot seem to

First of all you need to create a new virginmedia.com email address.  You do this under your My Virgin Media account by clicking on the Manage Accounts tab.

Once you have done this you can add it into your blueyonder webmail page if you want to.  The instructions can be found here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-check-emails-from-another-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rockinrev1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: i have a old blueyonder email,would like to add virgin.com emails ..but cannot seem to

when i try add a new email,it searches then comes back with insecure, then if ignored  suggests  manual . then  selected it eventually opens a window to set up ipop or imap  ?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As Graham_A wrote earlier, you first need to create the new email account by signing in here My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage account (use the main account holder's authentication credentials) and selecting Create a new account. After successfully creating the new account go back  to webmail and try adding it; filling in email address and password should be all that is required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Before you try and add the new email address to your blueyonder webmail account first of all check that the new address has been setup correctly.

Do this by logging out of your My Virgin Media account and then click on this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  Sign in with the new email address and password.  Does this take you into your new email address?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Rockinrev1957
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

althought i set up 4 extra accounts with emails.i am unable to sign in with anything other than my blueyonder one ? i see no errors with any i have set up. they happilly except the passwords etc?    i spent all day yesterday trying to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rockinrev1957,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble setting up your email account at the moment. Have you followed the instructions provided by the other users in this thread yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rockinrev1957
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yes  ,ive been with virgin and blueyonder and even before that....but always used the blueyoner email. but as its old and heavelly hacked im looking to install a virgin one. i followed all the instructions so far.can`t see why or whats the error.?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It would help considerably if you could tell us exactly what happens when you try to log into the new email address via the method set out in message 5.

0 Kudos
Rockinrev1957
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.  thats what i get in a yellow box sign.?

0 Kudos