cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cannot find the function " block this sender " on my email options it is not available??

TeeRai
Tuning in

I've  been  been  searching  as   according  to the  VM  help  web pages     But  on  my  email  pages  i   cannot   find   "   block  this  sender  "      the only  option is   "   move  to  junk  "   but  this  would  entail me  doing  this  manually  for  each  undesired  email  ...........any  body  can help  ?      

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TeeRai 

How to blacklist email addresses

Select the Spam message or annoying email and tap  > Add sender to Blocklist > Add

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi. Newapollo

I looked at my email.   In top right hand corner are the.  3 dots.   There is no option for spam to be tapped.    Following are the options from the top.   Mark as read         move       move to junk previous       next       find     save as.     print   and zoom

these are the only options when I tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner.  There is no. Spam to then let me choose.  “ add sender to block list. “ 

is it because I am running windows 10.  ??    Or have.  Virginmedia changed the format for setting up a block list.  ???                    TeeRai.   

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TeeRai 

I am running Windows 11, but it's the same in all versions of Windows. The following screenshot should help.

The "add sender to blocklist" is at the bottom of the dropdown after you click on the  symbol

add to blocklistadd to blocklist

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TeeRai wrote:

Hi. Newapollo

I looked at my email.   In top right hand corner are the.  3 dots.   There is no option for spam to be tapped.    Following are the options from the top.   Mark as read         move       move to junk previous       next       find     save as.     print   and zoom

these are the only options when I tap the 3 dots in the top right hand corner.  There is no. Spam to then let me choose.  “ add sender to block list. “ 

is it because I am running windows 10.  ??    Or have.  Virginmedia changed the format for setting up a block list.  ???                    TeeRai.   

That suggests that you are accessing the email address concerned via a third party app rather than the VM webmail page.

You can only get to the VM Blocklist via their webmail interface.

In any case it is not a particular helpful tool as all it does if move the blocklisted email to the spam folder.  It doesn't stop them being received.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello. Graham. Thank you for your insight full message.  I agree to the need for my emails to come direct from.  VM.        
 How do I install my   VM. Email. Accounts from scratch onto my computer. I know how to logon to. The VM web site.   Appreciate your guidance 

TeeRai.  

Hi TeeRai,

You can find help regarding your Virgin email account here

Alex_Rm