Menu
kevinhearn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how to re-activate old ntl e-mail account

How do I re-activate my son's old ntl e-mail account? it looks like it has been supended or de-activated while his computer wasn't working.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to re-activate old ntl e-mail account

@kevinhearn wrote:

How do I re-activate my son's old ntl e-mail account? it looks like it has been supended or de-activated while his computer wasn't working.

Firstly, assuming that your son's account was created as a secondary email account on your main Virgin Media broadband account, are you still a VM broadband customer?

The reason I ask is that the phrase "old" ntl email account account raises a doubt about that.

If you are no longer a VM broadband customer then VM should have deleted your son's account 90 days after you closed the broadband account. If that is the case there is not a lot anyone can do about it unfortunately.

However, if you are still a VM customer, exactly what error message is your son seeing?

If it is the "Sorry!  Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour..........." error message then it will need to be unlocked. One of the Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange to get that done for you.

Without more information it is difficult to give any further advice.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kevinhearn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are still with Virgin, no problems with my own e-mail, but when we tried to put his account onto my 2yr old laptop it simply said it was unable to download his messages.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We need more information. Using his e-mail address and password , sign into VM web mail at mail2.virginmedia.com. What happens?

Also please confirm that the address is showing in My Virginmedia as registered to your account. Or we really do have an issue.

Report back here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
kevinhearn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Won't even let me onto that site at the moment. I beleive there is maintenance going on around here at the moment , although they said that was going to be tomorrow We'll try again in a day or two.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The local maintenance is a red herring. What error message did you see when you tried mail2.virginmedia.com? That is vital. Can you see the address in My Virginmedia? With answers to these two questions we should be able to tell what's wrong and decide what to do next.