Menu
weesammy
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

how to put address book file directly to BCC

when sending email from address book with multiple addresses I need to post to BCC how do I do it?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to put address book file directly to BCC

@weesammy wrote:

when sending email from address book with multiple addresses I need to post to BCC how do I do it?

Unfortunately you cannot. An alternative solution is to either:

• cut the email address shown in the To field by pressing Ctrl + A, Ctrl + X and then paste them to the BCC field by pressing Ctrl + V
    - or -
  • when composing a new message select BCC and then from within the BCC field select 2020-03-24.jpeg to choose the email addresses

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to put address book file directly to BCC

You may be able to create a named distribution list and BCC this named list when sending: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-address-book

A distribution list allows you to simultaneously send messages to multiple recipients by entering the distribution list in the email recipients field.

1. In your address book, click New in the toolbar 
  2. Click on Add distribution list
  3. Enter a name for the distribution list in the List name field
  4. Enter a contact’s name and email address. While entering the name, suitable suggestions are displayed.
  5. Click next to the email address to add the contact to the distribution list
  6. To add more contacts, repeat the previous two steps
  7. Click on Create list

When you want to send a message to a distribution list, just type the name you have given your distribution list in the To: box [in the BCC: box]

(I have no personal knowledge as to whether this will actually work in practise but it may be worth a try.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.