Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how do I cancel my old ntlworld mail account as this was done when I left Virgin Media

Hi,

How do I cancel or get my old ntlworld.com email cancel as I am still receiving emails from the account. I left virgin media as a customer around 5 years ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I cancel my old ntlworld mail account as this was done when I left Virgin Media

@jsewell88 wrote:

How do I cancel or get my old ntlworld.com email cancel as I am still receiving emails from the account. I left virgin media as a customer around 5 years ago.

The VM Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange to get the account fully deleted for you so you no longer get emails autoforwarded to your new address.

Just wait here until they pick up on your post. That could take a few hours or a day or two but they will then contact you via the Forum to get the details from you. Don't post your email address here - you will only increase the amount of junk mail you are getting from your old account.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I cancel my old ntlworld mail account as this was done when I left Virgin Media

Hi jsewell88,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Let me help get this deleted. 

I'll send you a PM to do this as we'll need to pass security before raising it to our IT team. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS question...
Is it a policy to pass security or a rule?

If you are given a email account and...
a) its no longer attached to a active account and;
b) It been more then 90 days?

Why do you need to pass security to do something that should of happened already and doesn't need permission?

I see no point is going though security to delete a orphaned address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks