cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help recovering virgin media email account and password

davids355
On our wavelength

Hi guys,

This is another enquiry on behalf of a client of mine who is also a virgin media customer.

As it currently stands they are unable to access their email account (A blueyonder.co.uk email) - we have tried the password reset but that says the email address is not recognised, so I am wondering if the address has been somehow cancelled, perhaps due to inactivity?

Further more though, my client are unable to log in to the virgin media portal no matter which of their email addresses they try.

I just wonder if someone can help to get this resolved; ideally we would like to confirm what email address(es) are registered with the account and then hopefully we can reset the passwords for them.

The situation is slightly more complicated due to my client having an illness that makes it hard for them to remember these details or to deal with the problems that are currently ongoing.

I don't know if its possible for me to deal with the issue on the customers behalf as I do have their account number and security details. Or failing that, if it would be possible somehow to arrange for a call to be made to them, if they can get their primary login to virgin media working, then I can help them with the remaining stuff such as getting their emails back up and running.

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try the forgotten username link on this page to find the primary username for the account:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, however I just tried that and receive an error for some reason (I did enter the surname, area number and account number, all of which details I do have). Error displayed as follows - 

oops.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be worth trying again with a different browser.  However, it may indicate that there is a problem with the account on the VM systems.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help with this, but they will need to clear account security with the account holder.

They should respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi davids355

Thanks for posting - we would need to speak to the account holder though to resolve this.

If you can get them to post on here we'll be more than happy to help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

davids355
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I dont think they will be able to post on here, I dont think they have the technical ability to do that. I did try the live chat when I was with them on thursday, but after waiting 20 minutes I decided to give up.

If there is nothing that can be done, then I will leave it as is for now. Thanks anyway for your help though.

Hi davids355, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on this. 

We're really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we have to be sure we are speaking with the account holder to be able to help further on this. 

Another option you could try is calling the team on 0345 454 1111 / 150 when you are with the account holder. Once the team have passed through security with the account holder, you can then take over on the call. 

If things change and the account holder is able to contact us through here, please let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs