Menu
beccy99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hacked ntlworld account

Help required. My ntlworld.com account appears to have been hacked & the password changed.

There doesn't seem to be a way of resetting passwords via the virgin media website. I am a current virgin media customer but think the ntlworld email may be an 'orphaned account'.

Have seen other posts with similar problems but can't see if these were resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: hacked ntlworld account

If the email address is orphaned then you will need assistance from the Forum Team.

Provided you can clear the security questions for both your old and current account they may be able to arrange a Move and Transfer process.  However, this will wipe out any email accounts you have on your current VM broadband account and  revert your primary username to the moved one.

If it isn't orphaned you should be able to change the password via your My Virgin Media account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
beccy99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response Graham,

How do access Forum Team assistance?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They will reach this thread in due course.  It may be later this evening or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
beccy99
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beccy99,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having email access issues. If you do still have an account with us, then I might be able to help with your email account. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
beccy99
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Back up & running eventually - Thanks Corey C 

Beccy