Menu
trickplayer
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hacked ntl email account

hi, I am recieveing demands for money from my hacked ntlworld email, they have my password, my problem is I rang virgin support, and they have no record of it, and say its my fault for not moving it ?????, I have changed address quite a few times , I desperatly need to change password, or delete it, they said they can't, im at my wit's end, any idea's ???

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: hacked ntl email account

Do you currently have a virgin broadband service? If you don't the best virgin can do is delete the account, 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
trickplayer
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have an active account, never left, if been with them since NTL email was created, I have changed address several times since, always keeping my account, they support guy said he could not find it, so can;t delete it, said it was "my fault" for not movinfg it, can't fathom it, i'd be content with losing it, please if any virgin employees seeing this comment, !!!
0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can we be precise do you have  virgin media broadband 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
trickplayer
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes, always have, since NTL, NEVER LEFT, as I say changed adress many times, been with them since early ntl days, no break of service
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

but if you moved house you would of gotten a new account. So is the email attached to your current account.
You would of had to request a move and transfer to keep it.

Is it listed under your emails in your my virgin media account
0 Kudos
trickplayer
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you may be onto something there, I think the account number stays at the house, but the bloke I SPOKE TO , DID'NT MAKE AS MUCH SENSE IN 10 MINS AS YOU HAVE IN 2 MESSAGES, but I am a key worker and cant spend my life on phone, but gonna try that avenue, thanks

0 Kudos
trickplayer
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

basicly, this hacker got my stuff through a leak in virgin, thankfully its been a seconderey address for some time, but they bustard is got access to stuff, i just want to cut it, please moderaters, just delete it !!!!!
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

vm leak never contained passwords AFAIK its likey they got the password from another breach that used the same password check your email address here https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Staff here can arrange for it to be deleted and will message you to confirm some security soon
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi trickplayer

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the email issues.

I'll be happy to PM you now to get this deleted.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos