Menu
Highlighted
letmegethelp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hacked blueyonder account - help needed

Hi

My blueyonder account has been spoofed/hacked i need to reset the password - it is being bombarded with bounce back messages from random accounts and has been used to open facebook accounts. I was told by VM last year, because its a very old account (orphaned) i would not be able to reset it. Failing that i would just like it shut down. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: hacked blueyonder account - help needed

staff here can arrange to get it deleted.

Bounce back message does not mean the messages were sent from your account jsut they used your email address.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
letmegethelp
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi
thanks for the response, i thought that, however i am concerned that until recently the account could both send AND receive but now can only receive and as i can only access mail in an outlook client (webmail is not accessible anymore) i am constantly getting errors to sign in again. Somehow the outgoing password has been changed - something virgin media told me was not possible this worries me alot!!.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi letmegethelp

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Sorry to hear your having issues with our email services. Can we ask if you are still a customer of Virgin media? If you are we will be able to help with this issue and get is sorted out.

I will pop you over a private message so we can take a look in to this further for you. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos