Menu
heather23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

from ntl to virgin

I have been made aware that emails are not getting through to me as NTL in the past before VM took over seem to be blocking or returning them. I don't want to change my email address & it is just VM took over NTL, we have kept the same email address. So how or why are emails not getting through to me?

I had no idea this was happening until I just received a phone call telling me replies have been rejected.

Any advice greatly appreciated thanks.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: from ntl to virgin

Are you receiving any emails into your Ntlworld email address or is it just email from one particular sender that aren't getting through?

When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username is the Ntlworld email address concerned listed under the My Profile or the Manage Accounts tab?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
heather23
Tuning in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham.

My email @ntlworld.com   When VM took over we kept it as it's convenient. So it's only when someone actually told me emails were being returned mentioning NTL that I wondered why?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

You haven't really answered the questions I asked.

Can you at least answer this one - do you currently have a paid for Virgin Media broadband account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
heather23
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I will need to ask someone to check your first question.

Yes we do have a paid for VM broadband account. I will get someone to check about the other things you asked as you can see I'm not very tech minded!!

0 Kudos
heather23
Tuning in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hello Graham.

The profile says @ntlworld.com

Does this help you now?

Heather

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If by that you mean the ntlworld.com email address concerned shows in the Virgin Media mail address section of the My Profile tab then yes, it is a step forward.

What happens when you try to sign into the email account via this link:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

0 Kudos
heather23
Tuning in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

when I click your link I get my VM emails like normal.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Good, so now we go back to the very first question.  Are the emails that are being rejected all from the same sender?

It would be great if you could ask the sender for the full rejection message that they receive.  That should contain the specific reason why the message is being rejected.  Post that in a reply here, but make sure you obscure the first part of any email address contained in the message.

Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hello @heather23,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that your emails are not working.

Please can you send a details version of the error messages and the subject title of the emails that are being rejected?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos