Menu
CFG
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

formating a forwarded email

When I forward an email, lines appear down the body of the forwarded email and it is indented. How do I remove these? (the line and the indent) Thank you in advance for any help,

C

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: formating a forwarded email

@CFG wrote:

When I forward an email, lines appear down the body of the forwarded email and it is indented. How do I remove these?

I have just had a quick play with this and the only option available within the Virgin Media Webmail service is to change the format of the email from HTML to plain text.

Use the forward email option, go to "Options" on the right hand side, click on "Plain Text". That probably still does not do  what you want because it removes the vertical line but replaces it with > at the start of each line.

However, if you really want to you can go into each line and manually delete the ">" at the start. 😉

The other option of course is to use an email client instead of webmail, for example I use Outlook and that just shows the text of the forwarded email as it is in the original.

Coenoby  

FORWARDED EMAIL.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CFG
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you So much! Really appreciated - though it sounds as if there's no easy option to get rid of the lines.

Thx again for looking into it and for your reply,

C

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How the “original quoted message” is shown when composing or reading it is dependent on the email client for example:

• Apple Mail, indented with line down left side
  • Microsoft Mail, indented with no lines
  • Thunderbird, indented with lines either side
  • the more exotic, collapsed with header shaded, etc

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks