Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

for the past 3 days, I am getting the same emails all day. I delete them a few hours later they are back

everyday for the past 3 days or so, I get the same emails again and again. I delete them or save them to a folder ( whatever is appropriate) but  a few hours later ( sometimes a few minutes later) they are back. It's driving me mad and I don't know how to stop it. Help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: for the past 3 days, I am getting the same emails all day. I delete them a few hours later they are b

Which email client are you using?
Is the incoming server set to pop3 or imap?
I’ve seen that problem with pop3 & the solution is to use imap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: for the past 3 days, I am getting the same emails all day. I delete them a few hours later they are b

set to imap I am afraid

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is the issue evident in webmail and if so when delete there do they reappear?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What is webmail.?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media’s web interface to access your email account. Sign in here, https://mail2.virginmedia.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In that case, no they don,t keep appearing there. I only get them once.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So the issue is with your email client…

@Anankha wrote:

Which email client are you using?

Provided you have adequate backups do consider re-create the account in your email client to see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My email client is Outlook. It depends what you mean by adequate backups. I have never been very successful in retrieving saved emails in the past but thank you anyway

0 Kudos