Menu
ampfia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

emails not getting through

Whenever i send an email that contains a specific email address within the text of an email (for example if i reply to an email) i get an error message and the email doesnt send. 

the text of the error message is:  

'yyyy@xxxxx.me.uk' on 08/06/2020 20:06

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) iN63jMv36f1r6iN64jsFqq

The problem occurs whether i send to the particular email address or to anyone else - if this email is in the text of the email. 

I have changed the email address above - but it only seems to happen on one particular email address in the content. It seems that the email address itself is considered "spam content".  If i search and replace the offending email address with a blank space the email will send. 

How can i get the email address removed from spam content?

Thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: emails not getting through

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team who will then liaise with the email team to resolve the issue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ampfia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has been happening for many months already. Probably 6 months or more.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Flagged to forum team.

0 Kudos
Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ampfia, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your email. I would like to see what I can do to help get it sorted for you. Can you send me a PM with the email header from when your email bounced and the full body of the email please?

To send me a PM, just hover over my name at the left hand side and click 'send message'.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos