Menu
mixman
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

email

When I log into email it goes to the page where it says 'email not available try in an hour'. if I then click 'email' at the top of that page email then opens. So why does it go to that page and not just open?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: email

Hi mixman,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Can you please confirm how your primarily navigating to your emails to receive the 'unavailable' message? Do you also get this error in another browser?

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
mixman
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you reply.

I USE A SHORTCUT TO THE SIGN IN BOX, BUT EVEN IF I START FROM VIRGIN MEDIA PAGE IT IS THE SAME. THE SAME THING HAPPENS ON CHROME, I AM USING MICROSOFT EDGE NORMALY.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back now.

Any old bookmarks for your online account will need to be re added under the hyperlink here. You should have no further issues from there.

However, more information can be found under this sticky if you're getting stuck.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
mixman
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did just as you said but it is exactly the same, whichever method I use to log on.

0 Kudos
mixman
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have just installed the latest microsoft edge and the sign in is now working properly, fingers crossed it stays that way.

thanks for you help

0 Kudos
mixman
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I spoke too soon it is now back to the problem!

Must be virgin messed it up

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this is ongoing mixman. Please let me take a look from here to see if we can identify what's causing this.

I'll send a PM shortly and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mixman, as I wasn't sure on the cause I spoke with our IT team about this - they explained that they're unable to prevent that error from happening when using a shortcut due to the way webmail app is provisioned and how it needs to be accessed via MyVM first of all.

They advised that if it becomes an annoyance and you would prefer instant access rather than extra clicks then it may be better to use an email client such as Outlook for example which are routed differently are more convenient for quick email access without going via the website.

I appreciate it's not the outcome you may have been hoping for but hope this clears things up a bit. If you have any further concerns or if there's anything else we may be able to help with please let me know.

Tom 

0 Kudos