Menu
Highlighted
Hammer111
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

email

Hi ,  I use my Galaxy s8 when emailing , I created a sub folder to receive all email payslips from work . A few months ago I got the screen changed on the phone at Samsung when it came back I had to reinstall all apps and set up email again , all emails came back apart from the sub folder which I cant find .Hope this makes sense pulling ma hair out over this anyone any ideas

thanks Hammer

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: email

Just a guess - I've seen this mentioned before and it might apply to your situation.  Go to VM Webmail on any browser and verify the folder is still there, then check your settings for IMAP subscriptions (scroll right down to the bottom):

imap subs.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Hammer111
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but still no luck , the whole sub folder is missing .

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Hammer111, if it isn't in webmail, then it is gone forever.  You'll have to ask your employer for copies.  From now on, backup those kinds of emails (anything you don't want to lose).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

While you are in webmail, double check the other settings to make sure no extraneous filters and auto-forwards are set up that aren't what you want.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As MissPasko said "From now on, backup those kinds of emails (anything you don't want to lose)."

However, if the payslips themselves are sent as an attachment (perhaps a PDF file) to an email, at the very least save a copy of the attachment itself in a specific folder and maintain a copy of that folder on more than one device.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

One final thought - Have you opened up all the sub folders by clicking ALL the teensy arrows, and checked the archive area and checked that the whole folder is not in the trash?  Of course, if this happened months ago, the trash may have emptied itself. 

I'm not trying to say you don't know what you are doing, I just want to be absolutely sure - and in case anyone else reads this thread and it helps them.

folder drill.png

Hammer111
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi , yeah opened all folders no joy thanks for hour help anyway .

0 Kudos