Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

email unavailable

Sill unavailable 

I was informed Saturday that they were working to resolve the problem, received a texted messages informing me all was resolved, unfortunately email was not working.

I received a second text message informing me that I am still experiencing an outage and they hope to have it resolved by Sunday 10pm approximately. (Left my mobile number so they can text me again when they have resolved the problem).

Given a link to check on service status.

Tried again this morning (Monday 22.06.20) and still no email.

It is still unavailable, and the service status link doesn't connect.

A text message to my phone would be greatly appreciated, just to keep customers / users informed of the current situation, rather than be left sat waiting for the off chance when you do login email working.

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

email unavailable

I have for the last several days been unable to access my email account.

I am informed that it is unavailable.

I have rang the helpline and was informed they knew about the problem and it would take 5 days to resolve.

Whilst waiting I keep receiving notifications of access, to my email account, being denied, approximately every hour or so.

Hope somebody far smarter than myself can shed some light in this for me.

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: email unavailable

Hi Nonk,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting.  Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues trying to access your emails. We know how frustrating this can be.

Have you changed your password through your online Virgin media account? Also we would recommend doing an anti virus scan on all devices that you are trying to access the impacted email account from.

You may also wish to check your auto forwarding rules which may have been set up in your webmail.

Please try the above first and if you still require further assistance please come back to us and we can assist you further

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

I have ran a virus scan and nothing had been detected.

How do I check webmail forwarding, not IT literate here, I do not even get the login screen for email, I goes straight to email unavailable.

Thanks

Nonk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Nonk wrote:

Hi Jodi

I have ran a virus scan and nothing had been detected.

How do I check webmail forwarding, not IT literate here, I do not even get the login screen for email, I goes straight to email unavailable.

Thanks

Nonk

If your mailbox has been locked you won't be able to check for forwarding until after it has been unlocked by the Forum Team.  No doubt @Jodi_S will respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Nonk,

I have found an ideal link here which will guide you on how to change your password and check your auto forwarding.

It gives step by step instructions and show you exactly where to go to help you gain access to your emails again.

If you still require further help after once you have tried the above please come back to me.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

I followed the instruction sheet and changed my password and security question.

What I am unable to do the check my auto forwarding as I cannot access email, and I am then unable to access the settings yhe page and yourself have referred to.

Kindest regards

Nonk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the invite.

I was given a number to call late last night, I rang the number this morning and the guy on the phone resolved the issue in about two minutes

Thanks

Nonk

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nonk,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear THIS HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED.

regards

Paul.