Menu
ramtec
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

email transfer between accounts

Help please

I am currently paying virgin media for a package at my former family home including broadband.  I have tried to get my ex to take on the bill but she's ignored my requests.  I was trying to avoid cancelling it as my kids use the broadband too and was trying to avoid leaving them high and dry.  Thinking about it I have also got a username@ntlworld.com email address which I'd like to transfer.

Since January we have continued a VM boardband service that my GF is tied into until July.

My question is

Can I somehow port my ntlworld.com email address over or at the very least get that address re-directed to a new VM address for the foreseeable? 

0 Kudos
ramtec
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: email transfer between accounts

anyone got any ideas?
0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

you can import emails from one account to another but it's all emails assosiated with that account the all the accounts emails that they're being ported to will be deleted

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ramtec
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

apologies but what you said doesn't read well, can you re-explain?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

if you do a move and transfer you have to move the whole account. All the email addresses. you can't select just one. And the account you are moving them do gets deleted and replaced with the account being move.

you can;t keep addresses from both

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hmm,I suppose you COULD

• wait until your girlfriend's account is out of contract
  • take out your own new VM contract
  • then cancel the one at your old address
  • ask for a Move & Transfer.

Or  you could choose a non-ISP email address and set yourself the task of migrating all your online connections away from the ntlworld address.  You would have better security, better support, better spam filtering.  What is not to like!

If you do set yourself free, be sure to delete all your data and contacts to reduce information available to hackers and insist that VM delete the ntlworld mailbox.  Use https:mailtester.com - to be sure it is DEAD.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Kudos
ramtec
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

don't need to keep both, just a continuation of email service using ideally the same email address

0 Kudos
ramtec
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I like this a lot!

I've had this email address for years and would like to know that all future incoming emails are received that are sent to it.

Why does it have to be so difficult to move an email from one account to another or at least put a forward on one for say six months so I can get this in order

Another issue with VM that would be so simple to implement.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ramtec, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. 

As the community have advised you do need active services in order to keep your email address, alternatively we can transfer the email address when doing a move and transfer.  

I am going to do is send you a private message to discuss this in more detail, please reply when you can 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hetty

Hetty_R
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Move and transfers must have the same account holders. So not an option if you change the account holder

0 Kudos