Menu
eesandorclag
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

email timing out and nit working properly as well

Spoiler

Blueyonder email not working as well.  Sometimes I can see the inbox contents but sent just gives spinning circle.  Keeps timing out.  It would be good if they could put something on the service status which would prevent me rebooting everything several times.  

PLEASE PUT SOMETHING ON THE SERVICE STATUS.  I understand there can sometimes be technical problems but knowing there is a problem would save so much time trying to find a contact number or the chat.  After searching for help and a contact number eventually found myself here.  Thank you to the community.... "email me when someone replies"  Irony at its best ;0

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: email timing out and nit working properly as well

While waiting for the problem to be fixed AND in case of any future problems, you can always have your email forwarded to a separate email address that has more reliable access. Although any provider can have down time!

Sign into webmail, go to settings, and set up the autoforward rule to your chosen email address.  Be aware that anything sent to the VM spam folder will not be forwarded.  You might choose to turn off the VM spam filter to ensure that everything is sent to the other address, which will normally perform its own filtering.  If you do, be aware that IME the VM forum community emails get sent to spam by yahoo mail.

In the long run - don't use VM emails for anything you value dearly.  It is a free add-on to your broadband service, and has lower security than might be desired for financial dealings.  Plus if you leave VM, you lose access to the email address, so better to choose one that is not linked to an ISP.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks