cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problems

malcolmbull
On our wavelength

Having problems getting outlook working again on my phone.

my email stopped working last night - phone (outlook), laptop (outlook) and via virgin media. Seemed to be an ntlworld to virginmedia thing - no notice !!!

2 hours of messing about with new passwords and 2nd email account later, it was working again on the laptop and via virgin media, but outlook on the phone is not accepting the username / password / imap / smtp settings - even though they are the same as on my laptop.

help  

Malcolm

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@malcolmbull wrote:

but outlook on the phone is not accepting the username / password / imap / smtp settings - even though they are the same as on my laptop.

In cases like that it's worth deleting the account from the Outlook app and then try adding it back in again as a new account.  Sometimes it seems that mail apps have problems when you update the account settings in an existing account but will work fine when you use those same Username and password settings to create a new account.

I stress that I am suggesting just deleting the email account from your Outlook app, not deleting the VM email account itself.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Coenoby

That's worked - Deleting the account from my phone and adding it again eventually worked. I had problems with the password and also a big delay when I asked to use a code, but eventually it came through. It then accepted my username/password/imap/smtp settings.

Thanks

Malcolm