cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problems

cathowen3
On our wavelength

Although I am receiving emails the connection is slow and they are taking time to appear. I have triangles next to my email account names which apparently means the following. "connection to the server imap.virginmedia.com on the default ports timed out" I have rebooted my hub many times which is all I am ever told to do.

What am I supposed to do about this because there is definitely still a fault somewhere.

Thank You 

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey cathowen3,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email at the moment, please could you try to change the imap settings from imap.virginmedia.com to imap.ntlworld.com.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

EyesSquared
On our wavelength

Hi

Since the issues with emails last Friday, following overnight maintenance works, although emails are coming through I too have noticed emails are taking a while to filter through when I refresh my inbox on my iPad. It is not as immediate as it was before Friday.

Apologies for the delays EyesSquared, our teams were working through the night to complete planned and essential work to our email service. This was carried out overnight to minimise disruption for our email users, but unfortunately we have since encountered some technical difficulties which means email users may be experiencing intermittent issues with their email service. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

Rob