cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problem - how to undo change to 'from' field in header for ntlworld email please

angus1024
On our wavelength

Many years ago users could change things and I changed the 'from' field of my ntlworld.com email from  firstname.lastname1@ntlworld.com  to firstname@lastname.org  (my other email address) - it worked fine and I forgot about it.

It is now a problem - please can you tell me how to restore it or (preferably) do it for me.

Thanks

angus1024

PS sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@angus1024 wrote:

Many years ago users could change things and I changed the 'from' field of my ntlworld.com email from  firstname.lastname1@ntlworld.com  to firstname@lastname.org  (my other email address)

To be honest it has never been possible to change one email address to another. That applies to any email account not just Virgin Media accounts such as ntlworld.com.

So it is not really clear what you have actually done. Obviously it has worked well for you up to now but I can understand that circumstances change and you want to revert back.

Knowing how you send and receive emails for your own account would give everyone a good clue as to how to undo whatever you originally did.

I see from your forum posting history that back in 2021 you were using  the Thunderbird email client. Are you still using that?

If so, did you simple add your firstname@lastname.org email account to Thunderbird so you can receive and send emails from both your email accounts? It may be that Thunderbird simply defaults to sending emails from your own email address but it can allow you to send and receive emails from both your accounts.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@angus1024 wrote:

Many years ago users could change things and I changed the 'from' field of my ntlworld.com email from  firstname.lastname1@ntlworld.com  to firstname@lastname.org  (my other email address)

To be honest it has never been possible to change one email address to another. That applies to any email account not just Virgin Media accounts such as ntlworld.com.

So it is not really clear what you have actually done. Obviously it has worked well for you up to now but I can understand that circumstances change and you want to revert back.

Knowing how you send and receive emails for your own account would give everyone a good clue as to how to undo whatever you originally did.

I see from your forum posting history that back in 2021 you were using  the Thunderbird email client. Are you still using that?

If so, did you simple add your firstname@lastname.org email account to Thunderbird so you can receive and send emails from both your email accounts? It may be that Thunderbird simply defaults to sending emails from your own email address but it can allow you to send and receive emails from both your accounts.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

angus1024
On our wavelength

hello Coenoby

Thanks

I will do some more digging and get back to you. In the old days  things were much simpler - NTLworld had a control panel letting one have multiple emails and , I recall,  writing loosely, one could change things in the default email header (perhaps - something like that). Currently I use thunderbird but it is not a thunderbird issue (I understand).

Incidentally - on a different theme - one reason I still use Virginmedia is that I can send an email using  my NTL name from a python script. This is really very useful - each time I boot my computer it sends me an email of stuff to do!

Cheers

angus1024