Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

email password help please

HI, my email account appears to have been hacked and I have changed the password  but how do I get it to change in windows 10 mail and on my Huawei P30 pro mail. It just keeps telling me it can't commect to server and on the laptop, when I go to settings and change the password, the box to change it keeps coming up with the original password already filled in and when I delete it and change it it just goes back again. This is driving me crazy!! I had to phone virgin the last time this happened , it's a nightmare. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email password help please

Usually it works if you completely delete the address from the email client/app on each device.  Then add it fresh with the new password and recommended settings.  This is not a problem if you use IMAP, as you are synchronising with the mailbox on the VM server and all your data is stored there.  (Of course it's a good idea to take regular off-site back-ups of important emails -- VM DOES NOT BACK UP YOUR EMAILS, but you can set that up later)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks