Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

email not working

I am having all sorts of problems with my virginmedia.com email.

I cant send any messages out using my mobile app but can if I use the virgin media email on their website.I get the VN305 error message.

I also changed my password on the website email system, but now my mobile Bluemail phone app connects and then disconnects 20 seconds later.

Any way to fix all this???

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: email not working

The VM305 code is a specific issue and it means that your home external IP address is on the spamhaus CSS list meaning there is something on your home network that is sending spam, have a look at :- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

There is no point of requesting removal until you find out what is causing the trigger which only happens from multiple reports, could be anything from Tablets, Phones, Firesticks etc.

If you are running Hola VPN Free, then note But Hola Free VPN is anything but a VPN.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and my home IP address is not on the list 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you get the VM305 error on the mobile app when connected to mobile data or your home WiFi?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Only get message when connected to WiFi . It sends OK on 4g

Thanks

0 Kudos