Menu
Sharon571
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

email not working

Since last Thursday 18th June my ntl email has not been accessible keeps telling me to change password which i did on several occasions and then retry in an hour thus morning Friday 26th i received a letter from VM telling me my account has been locked due to suspicious activity on my account, the suspicious activity is me prompted by VM telling me to change my password i have up to date anti virus (paid for) running on my pc i did not forget my password  the problem is not with me your twitter feed gave me a number to leave a message which i did but got no reply i have since had to change all my important bills ect., to another much better email whats going on VM we pay enough for the service 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email not working

You are making a fundamental error. Your account has been locked because someone has discovered your password and along with your e-mail address (not that difficult to discover) is using your credentials to send spam through VM's mail servers. You can't see this. It never shows up in your e-mail because of the way that the e-mail system is constructed. But VM can see what is going on.

Having anti-virus protection is utterly irrelevant to this situation. That is because you don't have a virus causing this. It is all be done independently of you, your e-mail account and your computer.

So you need to change the password, and wait here for VM's staff on the Forum to unlock your account. It'll take about 24 hours for the team to reach your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sharon571
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that why don`t virgin media tell you whats going on looking at this forum it just wasn't me with this error

i have literally been messing about with this for a week  and all but give up, trying to ring them at this moment in time is a joke the VM twitter feed told me to post on here this is not good for customer relations virgin media gadget rescue said they could sort me out but i would have had to pay

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You know where to come the next time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

There has been an information post on this forum since 18/6.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/jump-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sharon571
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I did see this but really how long does it take to sort out still not working 9 days without any access to this email account

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharon571

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'll be happy to assist with this via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
charlotteg10
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

ive read some of the posts about emails not working but i am not getting this same message as most of the people when i try to log in to my emails via the website i am greeted with 'Connection error the service is not available right now' ive been getting this message for weeks not. it is very frustrating as i need access to my emails.

please can someone help or point me in the right direction. 

many thanks 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi charlotteg10

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issues. I'll be happy to assist you further via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM @charlotteg10

Just to update the thread and to answer the follow up message 🙂

The mailbox was re-enabled and it was just a system issue we had now all sorted 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos