Menu
mattybee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email not accessible

Access to my virgin.net email account has abruptly come to a halt. My computer one day this week suddenly rejected the password, I can’t log in. Haven't been able to acres webmail for years, but i could always get email from this address on my computer. No more. The password has not changed, so something has happened at the VM end, but i have not been informed. 
Thanks in advance
Mattybee
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email not accessible

Do you still have a Virgin Media broadband account and is the email address concerned showing under the My Profile and/or Manage Accounts tab when you are signed into your My Virgin Media account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mattybee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, still a Broadband account holder. i can't see the email address under My Profile. Haven't been able to log into Webmail via the VirginMedia website for years...M

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so the email address concerned is in the category of 'orphaned' account.

You can read more about that here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/m-p/3492073#M173058

It may be possible to get the address moved to your current account at the expense of any email addresses already on the new account, but this depends on how long the address has been orphaned for.

The VM Forum Team will be able to advise further when they reach this thread in about a weeks time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mattybee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok thanks - no other email accounts active on my Virgin Media, so it ought to be simple. Unless they've actually just gone ahead and suddenly deleted it permanently. Which would be rather upsetting. M

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattybee,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having email issues. @Graham_A would be correct that it is very likely to be an orphaned account, if this is a mailbox that was attached to an older account or perhaps one of the standalone mailboxes that we offered a while back. There is no way to retrieve these mailboxes unfortunately, but I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos