Menu
waynemate
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

email lock

Hi will try keep it brief.

having received a text message from virgin media and checked on phone with vm, i changed my password since then all email address locked. so started the saga of 14 phone calls repeatedly told tech support will ring me. after spending over 9 hrs on the phone to them you would think they could ring me back.  ok so i cannot access any of my 4 email addresses on any app or device or through my virgin media website. after changing password 14 times now i think that fix isnt working. anyone here have any idea how to resolve this. many thanks

0 Kudos
waynemate
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting "Your e-mail server rejected your login, using outlook version 13" on windows

Having reformatted laptop and desktop pc

Only installed outlook 2013 

I can access my main email address but not any other virgin email accounts (I have 4 which I have had for over 7 years)

So does this knock the spam theory on the head and it is just a virgin media mess that they cannot sort out .

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting "Your e-mail server rejected your login, using outlook version 13" on windows

@waynemate wrote:

I can access my main email address but not any other virgin email accounts (I have 4 which I have had for over 7 years)

I see in your own threadhttps://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-lock/m-p/4596381   you refer to your email as being locked. Does that mean you are seeing the "your mailbox is unavailable ..... try again in an hour" message when you try to sign in to your accounts via VM Webmail?

If so you have a completely different issue to the person who started this thread. Your mailbox has probably been locked for security reasons and is nothing to do with the spambot infection this thread is dealing with despite the fact you may be seeing a similar error message in your email apps such as Outlook.

Changing the password via your My Virgin Media account sometimes unlocks the account but since that has not worked you will have to wait until the Forum Team contact via your own "Email lock" thread and get this sorted for you.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
waynemate
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have changed the password several times on wifi and mobile data.

I get message confirm identity with password box pop up

Have tried on virgin business internet wired and wifi

When i log on to virgin media .com i can log on to main email but other accounts says mailbox unavailable call customer services.

Having called them more than a dozen times

Got ticket numbers for IT dept to call me (no call)

Suppose i just suck it up till march and not renew contract with vm

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@waynemate wrote:

Suppose i just suck it up till march and not renew contract with vm

Or you can do as I suggested in my post "wait until the Forum Team contact via your own "Email lock" thread and get this sorted for you." The Forum Team (VM employees) have done that for lots of others with the same problem.

Thanks for confirming that you are seeing the "Mailbox unavailable" message. That confirms you do not have the same issue that is the topic of this thread.

Coenoby

By the way, I have put the contents of your last post on to your original thread so that the Forum Team see what the real issue is.

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: email lock

For the benefit of the Forum Team and other posters, waynemate has posted a fuller description of the issue on unrelated thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-Keep-getting-quot-Your-e-mail-server-rejected-your-log... 

"I have changed the password several times on wifi and mobile data.

I get message confirm identity with password box pop up

Have tried on virgin business internet wired and wifi

When i log on to virgin media .com i can log on to main email but other accounts says mailbox unavailable call customer services.

Having called them more than a dozen times

Got ticket numbers for IT dept to call me (no call)"

Coenoby

0 Kudos
waynemate
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Or virgin media could do thier job and ring people back 

Oh well only 4 weeks and contract finished

0 Kudos
waynemate
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media just taking the mick now.

Sent me a letter saying my email account locked because auto forwarding rule set up.

They have removed the rule, so to access emails just head over to virgin media and change password

Yep that dint work, yep letter dated 22 jan , yep inept 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello waynemate

Sorry to hear of the email access issues you're experiencing, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Apologies for the delays in responding to your post, given the current situation we're really busy at the moment but working hard to respond as soon as we can. Have you been able to resolve this since your last post?

I have tried to locate your account based off of the information provided but haven't been able to do so, if you do still require assistance with this please let me know here and i'm happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos