Menu
Lozzer1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email keeps going to junk

Hiya

Emails from one person keep going to my junk folder. Also I cannot reply to emails from this person. If I want to email them I need to start a new email then it goes to them and they receive it. If they reply to me it goes in my junk folder. This is the same when I send mailroom my phone or my desktop. Also my daughter has exactly the same issues sending mail to the same person from her phone or laptop which makes me think its a fault with virginmedia. When I try to reply to them I get the following message:

Cannot Send Mail

the connection to the outgoing server "smtp.verginmedia.com" failed. Additional Outgong Mail Servers can be configured for Mail accounts in Settings>Accounts & Passwords

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Thanks!

PS Don't know if it helps but I get this message when I try to reply to one of their messages:

Sending the message content to the server failed.

The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) yfWOjhlaoKhBEyfWPjWDR1

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email keeps going to junk

Something in their email is triggering the VM spam filters.  Do they include a URL in a signature as this can often be the cause?

If necessary the Forum Team can ask their spam filter provider, Cloudmark, to check the code you have posted.  The apparently random string of characters is actually a specific identifier of the cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lozzer1966
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email keeps going to junk

Thanks for your reply. There isn’t any URL in the signature of their emails (there’s no signature at all actually)

Also all the emails I have received joining this forum have also gone to my junk folder. How do I get the VM team to look into this? They’re not answering their phones at the moment...

0 Kudos
Lozzer1966
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603)

Think I'm having a similar problem to this. Keep getting following error message when I try to reply to an email from one person

The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) yjMjjitY0KhBEyjMjjWKmm

How do i get VM team to look at this? I need to email these people and VM tech support aren't answering their phones. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. Should the problem persist then post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lozzer1966,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with your email, has anything changed since your post?

Our community member Chris_W1 placed a post with an alternative solution which has helped another customer with a similar issue to yours, have you tried this?

Let us know if you still require assistance.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos