Menu
essexmark
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email help

my sons email does not work and keeps on getting this message. We have changed password but still get the same message .

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email help

In order to assist, we need more just a teensy bit more information.

• Are you (or your son) a current VM broadband customer?
  • Is the email address linked to the billing account?  It would show on the my profile page or manage accounts tab for secondary addresses (see photos).
  • Can you/he log into the billing account?
  • Is he trying to access VM webmail?  It is useful to verify this works before moving on to fixing other issues.
  • Or using an email client?  Which client?
  • If a client, he should check that he is using the recommended settings here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
essexmark
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yes to all 

does not work via virgin mail client

also outlook, it does dont work with.

settings are as link supplied.

?

0 Kudos
essexmark
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cant login now for some reason?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It sounds to me that the mailboxes have been locked for security reasons.  Your answers are helpful to the Forum Team (VM employees) who should read this thread soon, usually within 24 hours.  They will be able to assess your account and get the mailboxes unlocked.  Or if I am wrong, they are best placed to discover the actual problem.

If you haven't changed the passwords already, do that now - it won't get you in, but has to be done as part of the unlock process.  Best wishes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi essexmark,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry you are having email issues, I will try to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.