cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email hacked

MartinMcginn
Joining in

Hi

My virgin email has been hacked and I cant get in to reset password or find a contact to help me sort this.  Hacker has sent a email telling me my password. 

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried resetting the password via this link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media?

If you think you email account has been compromised then follow the advice here: My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

Is the email account linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account or has it been less than 90 days since it was terminated?

FWIW do consider migrating your email needs over to a new email provider to, likely, benefit from:

• improved account security, i.e. multifactor authentication
  • improved spam filtering
  • better support
  • no longer having to fear loss of email account when deciding on broadband service provider — Virgin Media email accounts are deleted 90 days after broadband service termination

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MartinMcginn,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and we're very sorry to hear that your mailbox has been hacked! We can understand how frustrating this must be for you. 

Have you taken a look at our Fraud and Security page for more information about what your next steps should be? Thank you to @用心棒 for providing some great information about this issue. Please ensure that you reset your email password and amend other passwords on your device.

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you to ensure that everything is goon on our side.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs