Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

email hacked

Unable to log in or change or to email or virgin media account.

Someone has backed this as can see where they have been trying to request new passwords associated with this address that send a 2 factor text.

Awaiting on the phone to virgin but is anyone there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: email hacked

Hi Chris,

There are 3 ways to contact virginmedia via website live chat.

www.virginmedia.com via the virginmedia app-help

Or sending a Tex to 07533051809 with your issue.

I am a virginmedia field technician and my advice is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own equipment at home. If you think my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful or consider leaving some Kudos.

Kind regards

Darren Hollands area field tech Guildford

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you still a VM broadband customer?  While you wait to contact VM, try the steps here (the advice page for compromised email addresses):

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Let us know what you have tried and if there is any error message, the community can try to assist.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got through to a nice chap from Virgin working from home reasonably fast in current climate of lock down who got me back in. He said it did not look like it had been hacked but I'm suspicious the only online shopping still using my virgin email had tried to buy stuff around the same time I got locked out. Also I was unable to get in using my account number and billing details whilst the password was coming up as incorrect....

Solved for immediate issue now but suspect connected to recent virgin data losses.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

follow all the advice in the link I posted, and do an all round security check of your whole network.  Be sure to use NEW passwords.  Consider changing important online access to a different email address with better security.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos