Menu
grodnop
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

email forbidden 403 error (was unavialable - try again in an hour.)

I have this issue as well. It started yesterday about 10:40. I called in and it was verified by the tech support person. I can now access email via a email client on a phone but the webmail which we use on 3 other platforms now says forbidden. This is obviously a widespread issue so why is there not any information on the virgin media site about email service disruption under service status. 

I also got a email response that someone had put a divert on my email at 10:49 yesterday which was viewed as suspicious and my account locked - my phone support supposedly fixed this but it did not. Are the two things related and was this widespread or just my account?

What use is sending an email explanation to an email account that is blocked. 

Gordon  (quite grumpy!)

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: email forbidden 403 error (was unavialable - try again in an hour.)

Hi grodnop, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry you experienced this issue - we never want it to happen neither. Can I ask how everything is at the moment? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
grodnop
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

forbidden on webmail - still waiting.

I posted on here over a week ago about this - no response. Please could someone from virgin/moderators update us all on what is happening on the webmail lockout issues. I don't really want to spend another hour on the phone and have it not fixed.

It says forbidden on any attempt to access via webmail - a mail client seems to work OK.

Gordon

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: forbidden on webmail - still waiting.

I am going to send you a private message so that I can take some details from you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos