cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email folders

davey4
Joining in

Since the loss of email services in June 2023 I am unable to Rename or Delete a personal folder

Error message:-

Rename of folder "Alistair & Alec" to "Alistair" failed with "A6 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: Alistair & Alec (0.015 + 0.000 + 0.014 secs).".

Before the crash of service everything was fine.

Any solution please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following workaround in webmail; though it deals with deletion it also applies to renaming:

• select a folder that cannot be deleted

• select ☰ > Add new folder and then Save; default folder name is fine for purpose of workaround
    _0-1690823672332.jpeg

• select ☰ > Delete, to delete folder than previously could not be deleted, and Delete to confirm
    _1-1690823672338.jpeg

• select Trash, then ☰ > Empty trash and Empty folder to confirm
    _2-1690823672370.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which email client is this issue occurring in?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ntlworld.com

Hi there @davey4 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service, can I just check are you able to access the folder OK, you just cannot rename it? 

Have you tried on both web and client mail? 

Hi Ashleigh,

Yes can access it and read all previous messages and can add new messages to it, but cannot delete or rename folder.

Yes same result on both web and client.

Hi davey4,

Thank you for the update, can you create another folder then move the emails there?

Regards

Paul.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following workaround in webmail; though it deals with deletion it also applies to renaming:

• select a folder that cannot be deleted

• select ☰ > Add new folder and then Save; default folder name is fine for purpose of workaround
    _0-1690823672332.jpeg

• select ☰ > Delete, to delete folder than previously could not be deleted, and Delete to confirm
    _1-1690823672338.jpeg

• select Trash, then ☰ > Empty trash and Empty folder to confirm
    _2-1690823672370.jpeg

-- 

Hi Paul,

Yes that works ok.

Still unable to Delete original; error message "Could not delete folder. This can be due to insufficient permissions in your trash folder or this might be a special folder that cannot be deleted."

This has only happened since mailboxes recreated following recent crash.

Hi  Very Insightful Person,

That works fine, thank you very much. 👍

Thanks for coming back to us @davey4.

Have you possibly attempted to clear the cache on the web browser to see if the folder then disappears for you?

Are there any E-Mails within the folder that are flagged?

Thanks,

David_Bn