Menu
nick27
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

email deactivation

I was told my email address will be deactivated after 90 days after my disconnection date, but it’s gone past the 90 day mark and my email is still available and i'm able to sign in.

Anybody know the reason why my email is still active and how can i get it disconnected ?

thanks 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: email deactivation

@nick27 wrote:

Anybody know the reason why my email is still active

Their Terms and Conditions do state that any email accounts linked to a VM broadband account will be deleted 90 day after the broadband account has been closed.

However, in practice these orphan accounts do often linger on much longer than that before VM get round to doing their housework.

how can i get it disconnected ?

One of the VM Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum can get the account deleted for you.  They will contact you via this thread in a day or so and take the details from you via the forum Private Message (PM) facility. 

Keep an eye out for a message from them.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nick27
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok. thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Nick27, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some confusion. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Like Coenoby mentioned, I can get the email deleted for you if it's taking some time for our systems to catch up. 

I'll need to send you a PM now so we can confirm some details 🙂

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick27, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I raised your email deletion with the relevant team who will process the action over the next 24 hours.

If you still feel like your email is active after this timeframe, please get back in touch and I can chase it up 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@nick27

Just to follow up on Megan_L's helpful message.

Regarding checking whether the old email account is still live, the easiest way to check that the account has been fully deleted is to send a test email to that address from your new email account.

If the old account has been deleted you will get a Mail Delivery Failed error message back within a very few minutes.  If you don't, then you know the email address is still live.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nick27
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is definitely still live, I get  new emails daily from that account.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @nick27

My colleague has raised an IT ticket, but as stated it can take up to 24 hours, so please do bear with us it will be sorted soon. 

If you do find that it is still live by tomorrow then please do let us know and we can get this looked into. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide