Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

email connection problems on MacBook and virgin media

I upgraded to IOS catalina yesterday on my mac  and my mail account settings are set as per virgin website instructions . Now I am constantly getting ....The connection to host map.virginmedia.com on port 993 failed.

I cannot check my emails on virginmedia.com , safari just hangs

google chrome states mail2.virginmedia.com took too long to respond  ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I have spent an hour and a half on waiting on the online message us for someone to assist me.

HELP please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: email connection problems on MacBook and virgin media

While waiting for the Forum Team to check in - be aware there was a change of log in process for VM webmail on/about 8 June 2020.  You need to use the link for EMAIL at the top of any VM or VM community webpage.  If that still does not work, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, to clear any corrupt cookies.  Close the browser and restart.  Or try a different browser, incognito mode, different device even.  I hope this helps - let us know!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. I have already done all that. I have 3 devices and cannot access my web mail on any of them using either safari browser or google chrome. I have just cleared caches again and tried again. No luck I’m afraid connections either time out or just hang. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

FYI: likely due to **Intermittent Email Issue: POP3**; try refreshing the web page after signing in, press + R, be aware you may need to repeat the action.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos