Menu
wyre
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

email boxes sending mail to wrong account

i have a problem with my email boxes  mail from my secondary  email address  is going in to my primary account on all my devices.i phoned the other day and even though i had web mail and outlook open on my pc  in front of me ,which i mention to who i was speaking to i was told it could not happen at all  could some one from the team look in to this please

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: email boxes sending mail to wrong account

View the source text of one of those wrongly delivered emails, does it contain the following headers:

⋮
X-Sieve: Pigeonhole Sieve 0.4.24.2 ([redacted])
X-Sieve-Redirected-From: richard.branson@virginmedia.com
⋮

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it's  not  just   a couple  it's  99 % of emails from secondary  account  going in to main account  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@wyre wrote:

it's  not  just   a couple  it's  99 % of emails from secondary  account  going in to main account  

That doesn't answer the question asked in message two.  A response to that would be helpful in diagnosing what is happening.

Is it definitely a secondary account rather than an alias of the primary account (blueyonder and Ntlworld addresses could have aliases)?

Alias addresses share the same mailbox as the parent email address and would result in the situation you are describing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wyre
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

my main address is  a virginmedia one, and second account  is also a virginmedia  set up separately    from main ome

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When you viewed the email's source text did it show the lines mentioned earlier here?

FYI to view an email's source text in webmail, select the email then > View source

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The obvious explanation that comes to mind for this is that you have set up a unified mailbox in web mail so that all of your accounts have their mail diverted to the mail box for your primary account. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-unified-mail

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML, AFAIK unified mailbox folders are virtual and thus do not physically change the location of where emails are stored