cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email app suite keeps restarting in chrome browser

patpowell
Joining in

Trying to load my email account but most of the time it fails and after awhile it  says retry. When it sometimes loads click on email message and app reboots again sometimes it loads other times it comes back then it restarts over and over again. sometimes it loads ok but if i try to compose a new email it crashes after typing in a few words. When it restarts it has a black box at bottom of page, click on this compose box comes back up but some of the typed message missing. I am using the latest version of chrome. Any ideas

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@patpowell wrote:

Trying to load my email account but most of the time it fails........sometimes it loads other times it comes back then it restarts over and over again. 

When you say "email appsuite" are you referring the the VM webmail service on the VM website rather than a third party email app?

If so, several people reported what sounded like very similar issues a few weeks ago when they were using the Chrome or Edge browsers but they found the VM webmail service worked fine when they accessed it using Firefox browser.  You can get that from here https://www.mozilla.org/  It would be worth trying that.

Sometimes a particular version / update of a browser fails to  open  certain websites correctly  for some reason so it's always worth checking an alternative browser to see if that has the same problem.

If Firefox has the same problem that suggests there could be  a problem with your VM email account.

Post back how you get on with Firefox.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks