Re: email and virgin media sign in

Same here for 2 days now.

0 Kudos
danie1991
Dialled in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

im fed up cant through on phone happening on a regular basis  im getting ms thereworking on site r you getting this as well

0 Kudos
muffmasterh
Up to speed
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

me neither " we are making so changes but email not affected "

as usual " WRONG "

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A support ticket has been raised by the Forum Staff to get this resolved.  Email should not be affected if you use this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Look, this can be and is irritating but it has actually been noticed and reported and work is underway to rectify it. Life is not free of problems and issues and IT systems are prone to glitches. The fault is not identical for everyone. I can't access My VM but VM Mail is working for me.

@Michael_JK 

@DJ_Shadow1966 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

danie1991
Dialled in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thanks a lot for that tip

0 Kudos
ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Some difficulty logging into email over weekend.

I also had this at the weekend, saying Virgin Media were doing work on the system, the web page for email listed links to ntlworld, bluyonder etc which did not work but strange that by clicking on the virginmedia.com option that did work and enable log in to my email even though I am ntlworld.com, so I could still manage to access my email that way

During this maintenance period, the link (for https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ mentioned in an earlier post)  is worth using if such maintenance  occurs again, I tried this which brings up the log in to virgin media email.

I have has this issue a few times recently and is it worth knowing about the solution, rather than to be locked out of email.

Today, Monday it is back to normal.

ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

some glitches 12.50 pm Monday but only short outage lasted a few minutes-

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

It's something at our end, and we?re working as fast as we can to fix it.

If you try again later everything will be sorted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Need to do anything else?

Take me to:

My Virgin Media home

Virginmedia.com

Help & Support

Contact Us

0 Kudos
ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thunderbird-good backup if web mail fails.

A  good tip is to have an email client like thunderbird, outlook etc.  (on windows), or one of the android email clients such as bluemail etc. if mobile device, these can usually still work if the virgin media web page or email is down provided your password is correct and can be either entered or set to remember a password.

I do have thunderbird on my laptop,and can use that if needed to read virgin mail as a backup method or to test if email is still accessible.

My tablet which is android, and I have used bluemail in the past as connectivity to virgin website pages  is always very poor and extremely slow on my Samsung tablet, yet I can use Amazon,  Ebay etc quickly and easy, but some sites will not connect, could be due to an old kitkat android version that will not update as tablet 5 years old

However with email clients the folders can work differently to web mail and can be confusing and puts emails in wrong folders sometimes, filters in web mail may not work in thunderbird , but it is a good backup if locked out of virgin web mail and in my opinion worthwhile to have this as a backup for reading your email, although I do prefer webmail.

0 Kudos