Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

email adress

Hi, my father has a virgin media broadband package and a virgin media mobile account.  He would like to cancel his broadband package but keep his mobile account.  I'm presuming that because he still has his mobile account he will be able to keep his virgin media email address, is this correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: email adress

@kelly8 wrote:

Hi, my father has a virgin media broadband package and a virgin media mobile account.  He would like to cancel his broadband package but keep his mobile account.  I'm presuming that because he still has his mobile account he will be able to keep his virgin media email address, is this correct?

No it isn't correct.  A Virgin Media broadband account is needed for the vm email address to continue.  If the broadband account is closed the email account will be deleted 90 days after disconnection.

Having a mobile account is irrelevant in this situation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, doesn't he need his email address for his mobile account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

He may need an e-mail address but it can't be a VM address if he leaves. Graham_A has given you the definitive and only answer to your question. He might want to look at something like GMail or Outlook.com which do not depend on an ISP.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@kelly8 wrote:

Suggest to your father he migrate his email needs over to an email service that is not tied to usage of another service, i.e. broadband. Doing so will likely mean:

• fear of losing email address(es) no longer applies when deciding on a broadband service provider
  • security that is equal to or greater than the services the email address maybe linked with
  • better spam handling

FYI: email addresses linked to the broadband account are permanently deleted 90 days after cancellation / termination. Should the deletion not occur after 90 days request it here but do not be tempted to continue using the email addresses as they can be deleted at anytime and without further notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos