cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address lockout after attempting to change password

a3quattro
Joining in

Pension fund had 3rd party data breach which included email addresses, decided to change my password but

ended up losing access to email account. Have tried all ways to sort it out, unsuccessfully, over mobile phone and land line and computer,have had virgin media account for TV, broadband, land line and mobile phone for 13 years without problem. Any thoughts please.

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without revealing any personal details can you describe the steps you went through, when changing your password, that led to it being locked out?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hopefully I may have sorted something out, I can access the accounts through mail.virginmedia.com, now I need to access everything through Thunderbird. That does not appear to be straight forward so here goes. I did go through whatever was asked for on the questions and answers and ended up with notification, something incorrect every time.

You need to go back to the accounts page, scroll down to the mail section and click manage for Virgin Media mail app password, and in that next page you can set up a "App Password" - changing passwords on the main page DOES NOT charge the password used for external mail applications.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.